News & Events
Our own Professor Jeff Sharlet wins the magazine industry's top award for reporting.
"Established in 1966, the National Magazine Awards are sponsored by ASME in association with the Columbia Journalism School. Two hundred sixty-three publications entered the National Magazine Awards this year, submitting 1,548 print and digital entries." Read more... [more]
"A serial killer stalks the streets of 1950s Boston—and two friends take it upon themselves to bring him down."
On a cold fall evening in November students and professors gathered in Sanborn Library for a reading of student work published in Mouth Magazine, a three year old arts & literature journal now on its nineteenth issue.
Mouth publishes three issues every term, showcasing some of the best writing produced by Dartmouth students in their free time, including submissions from the occasional grad student.
Readings at this fall's inaugural event included a sampling of contemporary...[more]
Welcome to Assistant Professor Christian Haines, arriving this fall.
Professor Haines has a PhD in Comparative Literature from the University of Minnesota, Minneapolis.
Dissertation: A Desire Called America: Biopolitics and Utopian Forms of Life in American Literature
- "Paradise Actually Exists: Biopolitics and Utopian Praxis in William S. Burroughs's The Place of Dead Roads": Haines, Christian, Duke...
Sharma Divyanka '13 - To Benares
Shannon Draucker '13 - Love Triangles in the Knights Ta and the Limitations of Queering
The 2015 Creative Writing Awards Ceremony is in Sanborn Library at 4pm on May 14, 2015
- The deadline for submissions is April 22, 2015.
- Please use a cover sheet to indicate your name, your entry titles, and the prizes for which you would like your work considered.
- Drop off your submissions in 201 Sanborn (the Shakespeare Room) any time before the deadline.
- Fiction and creative nonfiction submissions are limited to one short...
From Dartmouth Now:
Jeff Sharlet traveled to Russia in November 2013, researching the impact of a 2012 law forbidding the distribution of “homosexual propaganda” to minors.
Read the story here: http://now.dartmouth.edu/2014/02/from-russia-no-love/