News & Events
On a cold fall evening in November students and professors gathered in Sanborn Library for a reading of student work published in Mouth Magazine, a three year old arts & literature journal now on its nineteenth issue.
Mouth publishes three issues every term, showcasing some of the best writing produced by Dartmouth students in their free time, including submissions from the occasional grad student.
Readings at this fall's inaugural event included a sampling of contemporary...[more]
Welcome to Assistant Professor Christian Haines, arriving this fall.
Professor Haines has a PhD in Comparative Literature from the University of Minnesota, Minneapolis.
Dissertation: A Desire Called America: Biopolitics and Utopian Forms of Life in American Literature
- "Paradise Actually Exists: Biopolitics and Utopian Praxis in William S. Burroughs's The Place of Dead Roads": Haines, Christian, Duke...
Madison Pauly '15- Why Taylor Woolrich Wanted A Gun
Sharma Divyanka '13 - To Benares
Shannon Draucker '13 - Love...[more]
The 2015 Creative Writing Awards Ceremony is in Sanborn Library at 4pm on May 14, 2015
- The deadline for submissions is April 22, 2015.
- Please use a cover sheet to indicate your name, your entry titles, and the prizes for which you would like your work considered.
- Drop off your submissions in 201 Sanborn (the Shakespeare Room) any time before the deadline.
- Fiction and creative nonfiction submissions are limited to one short...
From Dartmouth Now:
Jeff Sharlet traveled to Russia in November 2013, researching the impact of a 2012 law forbidding the distribution of “homosexual propaganda” to minors.
Read the story here: http://now.dartmouth.edu/2014/02/from-russia-no-love/
Are you interested in writing poetry?[more]
The Frost Place and the English Department are offering three scholarships to Dartmouth English majors and minors for The Frost Place summer conferences in 2014.
There are three separate conferences:
The Conference on Poetry and Teaching TBD, Application Deadline TBD
The Frost Place Conference on Poetry from TBD Application Deadline TBD
The Poetry Seminar from TBD, Application Deadline TBD.
Each conference and its faculty is...
Madeline Lesser's thesis, “INWARD APPARITION”: RE-IMAGINING MILTON’S GOD, is this year's winner of the Jonathan B. Rintels Prize, "for the best honors thesis in the Arts and Humanities for the Class of 2013."
Read 40 Towns